Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tortilla Chicken Soup

So, I have two recipes for this and had intended on making my other recipe, but ran out of time, so, you guys got the super easy version. Still our family likes it a lot, so I hope you enjoy it as well. Here is the worlds easiest recipe, this makes about 6 servings:

1 1/2 cups shredded chicken
1 1/2 cups Pace chunky salsa
1 1/2 cups frozen corn (I use Costco organic corn)
3 cups chicken broth
crushed tortilla chips
shredded Mexican cheese

1. Cook and shred the chicken. My favorite way to shred chicken is to throw it in my kitchen aid (while the chicken is still warm) and using the white paddle attachment and turn it on high for about 20-30 seconds. You have to be careful though, the chicken shreds FAST, so it can get too shredded pretty quick if you aren't watching.
2. Stir the chicken, salsa, corn and broth in a 3 quart saucepan and heat to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Serve with the tortilla chips either in the bottom of the bowl under the soup or on top and sprinkle with cheese.

Let me know if you liked it or not and if you had enough for your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment