Monday, February 13, 2012

Chicken Drumsticks and Split Pea

Okay, so I have some catching up to do! Here is the basis of my Split Pea Soup recipe, but i didn't put in celery stalks, I added potatoes and added carrots. I also used one or two bay leaves.

For my baked Parmesan Chicken Drumsticks:

Mix together 1c breadcrumbs, 1/2 c parmesan, generous salt and ground pepper. Remove skin from drumstick, dip in egg whites or butter (I used egg whites this time.) then roll in the dry mixture. Freeze. Pull out and put in a glass pan, drizzle melted butter over top, and bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees for about an hour, until the juices run clear. I like to put some whole potatoes in (poke with a fork!) at the same time, and then they are done at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment